Catholic Charismatic Renewal
Archdiocese of Hartford
What is a Healing Mass?
All masses are healing masses, for God wants to heal you through the powerful sacrament of the Eucharist. It is His gift to the Church.
What Makes the Healing Mass Unique?
- The theme of the entire mass is healing, from the celebrant to the musicians to the participants to the prayer teams.
- At this Mass we will provide trained people to pray for your individual needs.
Examples of prayer might be a physical, spiritual or emotional healing, a relationship problem or help to forgive.
God is doing the healing. The celebrant and the prayer teams are the instruments that the Lord is using to provide a prayerful environment for Him to work in.
What Do I Do after the Mass?
- Go to the front or rear of the chapel where the prayer teams are located.
- When a team is available you will come and sit in a chair.
- The team (consisting of two or three people) will ask you your first name only.
- Then they will ask what your prayer request is.
- All of your prayer requests are held in the strictest confidentiality.
- You may also ask for intercessory prayer (prayer for someone else's need).
How Will I Know Something Has Happened?
- A majority of the people prayed for will witness that they receive a gift of
- The healing may happen that evening but more than likely will happen over a
period of time. Keep praying for your healing.
- Even if you believe you were healed or your prayer was answered, keep praying and
thanking God for that healing.
- Keep attending the Healing and Hope Mass if you feel the Lord has not healed you the first time. We have found that people are gradually healed.
If you have any questions please call the Charismatic Renewal office at the
Archdiocesan Center at St. Thomas Seminary in Bloomfield. Tel: 860-243-8234